MTC Wyview

MTC Wyview
President and Sister Cutler with me at the MTC

Friday, August 30, 2013

Slowly Progressing

Hello everyone! Sorry about last week, things were just crazy again. That seems to be my life now, just crazy! My schedule seems to always be changing, but that's ok, I love it! Well things here are going great. I was able to invite my investigator last week to be baptized and she said yes! She even said yes before I finished asking her. It was a great experience to be able to see the joy on her face about getting baptized. She is so sweet and I know that the gospel is just going to help her and bless her life! Other than that we are just trying to go out and find people to teach.

I have probably said this many times already but the ward that I am in is amazing. I feel like they are family already. We are always having a dinner appointment being fed wonderful food by the members! I know they want to do missionary work, but just don't really know how to, or some of them are scared. I hope that I can help them to be able to share the gospel with their friends. Just two weeks ago I was able to go to my very first zone conference. While there near the end of the meeting we were able to hear from Brother and Sister Allgaier who are from my ward. Sister Allgaier is a convert and was able to share her story. Then Brother Allgaier is the stake president and so he spoke on ways that we can help members with their missionary work. One thing he shared that I never thought about was that just by serving others in small ways, we are sharing the gospel. If I were to help a lady with her groceries, but not say anything about the church, I would still be sharing the gospel. Just by our examples we can share what we believe! I thought that was amazing. After hearing this me and my companion have been sharing this with the members and just committing them to do an act of service during the week so that they can share the gospel. It really is a blessing being able to come into the members homes and just to see how grateful they are that we are there. They always tell us that we bring a special spirit with us that they love to have in their homes. I am grateful that we are able to join there families even if it is just for a short time!

Well other than that not much has been going on. I do have a funny story that I wanted to share. It's pretty funny and definitely sounds like something I would do! Well this last P-day that we had I wanted to go to the stake center to go play some sports with some other Elders and Sisters. So we went and when we got there we decided we wanted to play missionary tag. While playing I was being chased by an Elder (Elder Obi), and I am really competitive so I was running as fast as I could so that he wouldn't tag me. While I was running I tripped and fell flat on my face! I kind of just laid down on the ground for a while just because I was so embarrassed. Luckily I wasn't too hurt, but for a couple of days I just had a little scar and bruise on my face! I think my ego hurt more than my face, because my fall wasn't too graceful. So, this was my funny story for the week, definitely something I would do, I am just grateful that I didn't get hurt :). I hope you all have an amazing week, and thank you for following my blog. Please send letters!!! :)

Love,
Sister Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment